Unable to install moodle 2.1.1

Unable to install moodle 2.1.1

by Rahul Patil -
Number of replies: 12

Hi,

I'm trying to install moodle 2.1.1on a hosted server from siteground but after the sever check is successfully  completed and after clicking on the continue button, the screen goes blank. I've been going through the forums for past few days and have also tried renaming config-dist file but still unable to resolve this.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Rahul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rahul Patil

Re: Unable to install moodle 2.1.1

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you *sure* you waited long enough? It can sit for quite some time at that point setting up the databases.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Rahul Patil -

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the revert. i waited for almost 15 min but nothing happened.. should i wait for more than 15 min??

Rahul

In reply to Rahul Patil

by Guillermo Madero -

I don't remember how long I waited, but it does take some time; kind of excruciating.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Rahul Patil -

its been 4 hrs now but no luck sad..

In reply to Rahul Patil

by Frederic Nevers -

I  have no idea why but in one of my many resinstalls, I quit my browser on that step. i had to rename config-dist.php file to config-dist.php.old and went one with the install without an issue. I then reverted file to original name and all was well. 

Maybe you could give that a try?

Cheers,

Fred

In reply to Rahul Patil

by Guillermo Madero -

Are the server components those that are required for this Moodle version?

It seems that the process is timing-out.

Maybe it could help to create the database (and its associated user) and the moodledata directory before trying to do the installation.

Also, if you have access to the php.ini file, check that the resource limits are acceptable; increase them if possible:

max_execution_time = 1200
max_input_time = 1200
memory_limit = 512M

If you can, you might want to check the server logs. Try to get some assistance from your hosting provider.

In reply to Rahul Patil

by Yancey Vickers -

I'm having this same problem and it gives me this error:

Warning: require_once(HTML/QuickForm.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/l/logoi/www/moodle/lib/formslib.php on line 43 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'HTML/QuickForm.php' (include_path='/var/www/l/logoi/www:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/l/logoi/www/moodle/lib/formslib.php on line 43

I am unable to find this file anywhere, but if anyone can, I would appreciate it if they can point me to it.

In reply to Rahul Patil

by Ravi Krishnan -

I have same problem and the issue in my case is that my server is running an earlier version of PHP whereas Moodle 2.1.1 needs PHP 5.3.2.

I am reverting to Moodle 2.0 as server provider said he cannot upgrade PHP

Ravikrishnan

In reply to Rahul Patil

by Marco Werkman -
I have the same problem with SiteGround. Rahul, did you solve the problem on the hosted server? Thx in advance, Marco
In reply to Rahul Patil

by Saujanya Patel -

Have you checked the error logs for the server?

In reply to Saujanya Patel

by Marco Werkman -

Solved the problemm with SiteGround. Just create a ticket with the question to do an install and they do it for you!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)