Retrieving grades from unenrolled students

Retrieving grades from unenrolled students

by Zibonesti Zibonesti -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Everyone,

I am using version 1.9.9+ (Build 20100817)

My institution has had an instance of Moodle running since September 2009.  Recently I discovered that under Administration > Server > Cleanup the system was setup to unsubscribe users with no activity above 120 days.  As such, when a prof logs in to see old grades, they cannot see anymore students.

Have the grades been lost forever or is there a way to get them back?  I've noticed that Administration > Server > Grade history lifetime is set to "never delete grade history" ... so I'm hopeful someone will be able to shed some light on: how can I retrieve the grades for unenrolled students.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zibonesti Zibonesti

Re: Retrieving grades from unenrolled students

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Re-enrol them into the course and their grades will come back.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Retrieving grades from unenrolled students

by Zibonesti Zibonesti -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the quick reply.  So, presumably, all the student information is still in the system.  With that in mind, do you know if there is a way to re-enroll ALL students that have been (automatically) un-enrolled?

See, we are talking about 2,000 students that I would have to manually enroll... and this is not appealing.

Any thoughts?