Cannot edit and modify subscribers

Cannot edit and modify subscribers

by Helmut Gawlas -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I created a forum, "Everyone to subscribe" is "no". Then I wanted to add subscribers by clicking "Sow/edit current subscribers" and "Turn editing on". After that the screen is empty (no 2 textfields for adding subscribers). I am administrator with all rights and use Moodle 1.9.

Thanks for help

Helmut

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helmut Gawlas

Re: Cannot edit and modify subscribers

by Ann Adamcik -

Do you mean you're getting a completely blank page when you turn editing on? If so, go to Site administration->Server->Debugging, set debug messages to 'Normal' and check the display debug messages box. Then go back to the add subscriber page and see what error(s) you're getting. If you have access to your apache server logs, you could also go there to look for a fatal error.

In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Helmut Gawlas -

Yes, the screen is empty; I only see the standard background. I set Debugging to normal and got the following message:

• line 686 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 4665 of lib/accesslib.php: call to get_recordset_sql()
  • line 799 of lib/deprecatedlib.php: call to get_users_by_capability()
  • line 145 of mod/forum/subscribers.php: call to get_course_users()

Fatal error: Call to a member function FetchRow() on a non-object in /www/htdocs/w009b66c/ceecec/moodle/lib/dmllib.php on line 814

Thank you for help

Helmut

by Ann Adamcik -

Which 1.9 build are you running? What versions of php, mysql, etc.?

In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Helmut Gawlas -

PHP Version 5.2.12-nmm2
Mysql 5.1.43
Moodle 1.9 (2007101509)

Thanks Helmut

by Ann Adamcik -

You might want to consider upgrading to the latest 1.9, as there have been LOTS of fixes since 2007! If this problem is something that just recently cropped up, I'd suspect either changes to your server configuration, or some sort of file corruption. I did find your error message in the tracker - see MDL-13762.

In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Helmut Gawlas -

Ann, thank you for your help.

I will upgrade first, I hope that helps.

Best wishes, Helmut