Youtube Repository not letting me....

Youtube Repository not letting me....

by Brian LaMaster -
Number of replies: 2

I am having issues with YouTube not letting me go past the first page of results in Moodle 2.0. Is anyone having the same issue in this release or 2.1?

If there is a workaround I will be more than happy to try it out. I'm selecting from a website that has over 50 videos and even when I type the name of the video in it doesn't come up in the first 50 results.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian LaMaster

Re: Youtube Repository not letting me....

by Brian LaMaster -

I always like answering my own questions... cool

I figured out a workaround and it may have been obvious to some of you, but if you are like me and you are new to Moodle you might have been wondering the same thing and it may not be real obvious to you. Here is what I figured out. When I entered a video name or user name and the video didn't come up, I simply went to the SHARE option on the YouTube video and retrieved the http:// code and copied that in the search field and it comes up with only one result every time! So, there you have it.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Brian LaMaster

Re: Youtube Repository not letting me....

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Brian, thanks a lot for sharing your solution. approve You'll notice I've rated your post as useful because it certainly wasn't obvious to me!