Please can I have some mugshots

Please can I have some mugshots

by Timothy Takemoto -
Number of replies: 1

Thanks to the superb programming skills of Jamie Pratt, we are about to release a Test of Unconscious Identification module that will lay bear the secrets of your unconscious.

It is particularly effective at gauging unscious attitudes that people are not inclined to admit to such as racial and sexual prejudice.

In order to provide some stimuli for the new module I have been trying to find a set of faces, like these. (These would be enough but I have not permission to use all of these in eperiments.)

http://tim.econo.yamaguchi-u.ac.jp//temp/set.jpg

But there are problems!

the idea is to use them as stimuli psychology experiment*s*.

I think that the use of the image in my experiment alone *might* be acceptable, but the use of the image in experiment*s* would take an extremely broadminded attitude.

The experiment is for instance (taking a bad instance) it would be possible for me to have the male and female photos displayed in a random order along with words from one or two categories.

E.g.

1) A test to see whether people feel that men are more or less intelligent than women
Male and female photos plus the following words:
1.1) clever, intelligent, brainy, smart, genius
1.2) stupid, unintelligent, brainless, silly

2) A test of sexual preference
Male and female photos plus the following words:
2.1) lover, sex, partner, bed,
2.2) person, human, another, other, them

Now, if I alone were the experimenter then I would be able to time the reaction times of subjects on the internet to see whether they find it more or less difficult to associate the male, or the female photos with either 1.1 or 1.2 or 2.1 and 2.2. The average would then yield in (1) the extent to which the subjec thinks that men or women are brainy. The result in (2) would yield the extent to which the subjects feel that the male or female photos are those that they are sexually attracted towards.

However, while I will promise NOT to analyze the data on a per-photo basis, if I were to let others use the photos as stimuli then they could asses the extent to which people think each of the photos are "brainy" or sexuallly attractive.

One of the photos is of me. I don't care. But I think that many, most even, people would.

So if you would rather I did not use your photo in either of these two ways then I will not do so.

The choice is yours. If you would like further information i can supply it. You can take the test too!

Please let me know,

Thank you!

Tim

Average of ratings: -