Display Direcotires in 2.1

Display Direcotires in 2.1

by Samantha Ashton -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

We have recently upgraded from version 1.8 to 2.1.1. I have noticed that you are unable to display a directory, like you used to be able to do in 1.8, where you would create a folder, add the relevant files and then just display that folder on the front page of the course.

I have had a play around with the "Folder" option, under a add a resource, but there dosn't seem a way to just display a specific folder, and within the "Folder" option, it seems as if you have to add all the files individually.

Does any one know any way around this?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samantha Ashton

Re: Display Direcotires in 2.1

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you go to add a resource>folder and upload a zipped folder, then you can unzip it and display its contents - is that what you want to do? Then in future days you can add an individual file to that folder resource and it will show up on the front page.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Samantha Ashton -

Hi

Thank you both for your help.

Mary, is there a way of zipping files together that are already in the "Legacy Course Files" section?

Sam

Re: Display Directories in 2.1

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes you can zip files in Legacy course files (though I am not sure what you want to do this for?) YOu would have to move the files into a folder and then zip the folder - is that what you mean? Make a new folder and then go to a file and click the icon to its right -choose "move" and then double click the folder you want to move it into. Then do that with any other files and then click back to the folder you created -click the icon to its right and then choose "zip". Does that help?

by Chris Meyer -

You might want to investigate 'repositories'.  http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Repositories.  This allows you to place files on the server directly that will show up in the browser.  We found this feature essential when importing really large course files (hundreds of megabites in size).

In reply to Chris Meyer

by Samantha Ashton -

Hi

Thank you both for your help.

I have one last enquiry. Our staff have noted, that when we display a folder, that contains sub-folders, and you view it. It shows every item within the folder.

Is there a way, of just showing the folders, and then pressing the + button to show whats in the folders?

Hope that makes sense
Sam