Need to create database driven lists

Need to create database driven lists

by Nikos Mattheos -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

I have been using Moodle 1.9.2 (Build: 20080711) for teaching in University.

I would like to develop some lists of hyperlinks leading to papers and lectures which would be available for download.  The list should be dynamic, meaning that I would need to frequently edit the contents of the list. So far I have used just html blocks linking to the documents, but this is a clumsy way and takes lots of time.

Is there any function which I can use to create database driven lists to organise papers and documents which will be available for download on the frontpage?

many thanks

NIkos

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikos Mattheos

Re: Need to create database driven lists

by Edward Beckmann -

Nikos

It would help to know how many you envisage listing, and how often you would add or amend.

One simple way would be to list each one on an external blog and upload it there, then have a simple news feed block on your moodle site. This way the blog entry would be a short extract or summary, and clicking on it would reveal a full description and download button.

Admitedly it is not a totally moodle-driven solution, but it is simple, cheap or free to set up and very simple to put the feed block where you want it.

Good luck

Ed

In reply to Nikos Mattheos

by Robert Brenstein -
look at the database module. i think it can do what you want. one of the field types is link. if the downloadable files are within the same moodle, you can also use this module but a set of folder resources might be enough.

In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Randy Orwin -

I would echo Robert on the Database Module. It also has a file upload field as well so this could work quite nicely for you.