Moodle mobile app for android

Moodle mobile app for android

by Christian Bokhove -
Number of replies: 12

I'm happy moodleHQ is developing an app. I would, however, would have liked them to start with android instead of iOS, after all Moodle springs from the open source community and I would argue android is more open than iOS. Or am I to political now?

Anyway, please have an android version ready soon.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Bokhove

Re: Moodle mobile app for android

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

We started with iPhone basically because we had to pick something and it's what most of us here use.

The Android app will be a clone of it, developed by someone who knows that platform well.  Might be a while to get started, sorry, but it is coming.  Once the whole approach settles down they'll be more in sync.

Eventually of course it will be an agnostic HTML5 app (once HTML5 matures).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

I am definitely looking forward to this. I am an Android user as well, and my hands are just itching to get a hold of a proper Moodle app. smile

by James Whitacre -

This is awesome Martin...looking forward to it...I'm an android user myself.

by Christopher Murad -

I would like to apply to be a beta tester for the Android app.

I also have contacts in the Android development community that I would be more than willing to reach out to if assistance with this if required

Thanks

Chris

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'd LOVE to see an Android app too. no rush. Though i think, in the long run, HTML5 will be the technological choice. That's my bet.

I am an Android user. Actually, it looks as if most of the world is too (as of Aug-2011) which you probably know. since it is all over the tech news for some time. so it would be wise to support that sector too.

Currently, we use Mobile themes to view courses from Mobile devices. which works quite well.

by Gianmaria Battaglia -

First of all: thank you for your efforts.

I am also available for testing android apps.

If needed also for giving some ideas on app develompent from adult user perspective (continuing education in non profit).

In reply to Gianmaria Battaglia

by Javeria Qamar -

Can you please advise me on how to develop Moodle API for android?

In reply to Javeria Qamar

by Dexter Bernard Angeles -

I need help for moodle API too... Please tell if the API exist... I will also help searching for its API...

by deach d -

I can't wait for this either, funniely enough andriod here too.

by Melissa Wert -

I would like to be a beta tester of an Android version of Moodle as well.  My school is investing in the Lenovo ThinkPad Slate (the enterprise model) and the browser version of Moodle does not work well at all on this tablet.