Enrolment

Picture of Elise Lewis
Cannot Remove Flatfile Enrolments Manually 2.1.1

As has been reported, one cannot manually remove students from a course if they were enrolled by flatfile.

Does anyone have a workaround for this?  My first thought was to change the component field in mdl_role_assignments from enrol-flatfile to null, but that doesn't seem to work. 

It's a major annoyance to have to run flatfile jobs just to get students unenrolled from a course they drop.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Marcus Sugden
Re: Cannot Remove Flatfile Enrolments Manually 2.1.1

Hi Elise,

I wondered how long it woul dbe before other noticed this happened sad

Just to let you know, I have contacted the person who helped sort the Flat File enrolment plugin for Moodle 2.0+ and he has confirmed this too.

Luckily he has said that he will see if he can sort this problem when he has time. So fingers crossed. In the mean time, I did submit the problem as a bug if you want to take a look and vote for action to be taken on it?

The bug tracker number is: MDL-27533

Thanks

Marcus

Picture of Elise Lewis

Thanks, Marcus -- I had found your posts about this problem.

I was looking for a quick fox by changing the "component" field in mdl_role_assignments from enrol_flatfile to null to match the manual enrolments, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Elise

Picture of John St
Group Developers

This still doesn't seem to work in 2.2... Any thoughts on a work around?

Picture of David Webber

This isssue is also persistent with the Database enrolment plugin in Moodle 2.2.

Database enrolments cannot be removed from a course manually, and are ignored when a course is reset. I assume the intent was for student removal/enrolment to be managed in the external platform, whether it be LDAP, flat file, or an external database. Unfortunately, we have 40,000+ DB enrolments that have been migrated across from 1.9 and can't be removed to begin the new year.

Does any one know of a work around, or a chance at getting priority fix on this issue.

Cheers,
David 

Picture of Debbie McDonald

Were you able to find a solution? We are trying to delete students via the flatfile and we receive an email stating the users have been deleted but they have not. There is no way to delete the students in the system that I can see.

Picture of Anthony James

Has anyone been able to use the XML file to remove students?  I've tried both delteting (and this site says it's not available LINK) and making them inactive.  Neither method works.  If someone has been able to do this, can you post an example of how you did it in XML?