Font Size Problem

Font Size Problem

by Adam Lowe -
Number of replies: 3

I have been creating my own theme, and so far all is great.  I was able to change all the font sizes, but in a few places, the text is still very large.  When I go to view the source of the page, it refers that the text is actually <h2> or <h3> etc.  Where can I change the value for the text sizes for these heading tags?

See the "facilitators" title at:
http://www.facilitating.org/moodle/user/index.php?id=2

(By the way, i can't seem to get much consistency between Firefox and IE)

---UPDATE
I was able to change the title by adding a reference to h2 in the styles.php, but as you can see the text which is the name of the participant is still extremely large.  To view the URL above, use testparticipant as the username and password

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Lowe

Re: Font Size Problem

by David Scotson -

The problem code is:

<font size="-1"><font size="3"><b>Adam Lowe</b></font></font>

Firefox and IE are inconsistent in their use of keyword based font sizes. In fact I believe that different versions of IE, and the same version of IE processing different pages, can be inconsistent so that's an entirely seperate problem.

putting something ugly like this in the styles should work to change the size of the user's name:

td.userinfoboxsummary font font { font-size:  } 

or, if you also want to overrule the hard-coded bold tag use this instead:

td.userinfoboxsummary font font b { font-size:  } 
In reply to David Scotson

Re: Font Size Problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi David!
Thanks for your excellent workaround to get rid of the problem of the hard-coded <font size = 3> tags sprinkled over a few Moodle (version 1.4) modules...
Actually, thanks to your message, I've realized that simply putting the following line in the CSS file of my chosen theme gets rid of most of the offending oversize fonts:
p font b { font-size:12px;}
Thanks a lot,
Joseph_R