Bulk grade import not working

Bulk grade import not working

by thulasi raman -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I want to do a bulk grade import for a course in moodle 2.0. I tried do the upload in my site then I get an error "user mapping error, could not find user" message. But when the same is tried in the demo.moodle.net site with me logged in as Admin the import was successful and I got a "Grade import success" message.

Why is this happening and what are the settings I need to change if required?

In reply to thulasi raman

Re: Bulk grade import not working

by thulasi raman -

Even if I try uploading the grade for a single user, I get the same error message "user mapping error, could not find user". After searching the net, I found that this type of a message occurs if the user does not exist in the database. But in my case the user has been given an account for quite a long time (say 6 months). Does the user's access to his account ( say the user does not access his account for a very long time) have any effect on the grade import process?

I need a solution very urgently, so can someone help me?

In reply to thulasi raman

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

No, you can upload grades regardless of when last the student accessed Moodle.

How are you uploading the grades? Are you using a .csv file? If so, what columns do you have in the .csv file?

Does the "username" column in the .csv file contain the correct username of the student?

I've uploaded thousands of grades into a gradebook via .csv files using this format:

last_name,first_name,username,gradeitem_name,grade,comments
Brown,John,jonbrown,Physics 101,90,Well done...

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by thulasi raman -

The fields in my csv file are :

username    Assignment #1        comments #1.

Directly I have entered the grades and the comments in an xcel file and saved it in .csv format.A user with username 10011j001 will have a first name AAA and a surname BBB.

How am I supposed to do the mapping? When I choose 'username' from both 'Map from' and 'Map to' fields I get this error.