Contacting Teachers

Contacting Teachers

by Ken Russell -
Number of replies: 2

I am relatively new to moodle. I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this question, please let me know if I should move it to another forum, but here is my question:

It woudl be very convenient for me as administrator to be able to email everyone who has the teacher role. I could inform them of many useful things. I can't figure out how to do this. I looked at

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Russell

Re: Contacting Teachers

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Ken,

In Moodle 2 you could use the cohort function and add all teachers to a particular cohort (system wide). Then, you could set up a teachers' lounge (or whatever you like to call it), enroll the cohort with student or higher capabilites and use the News forum for sending them useful things.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Contacting Teachers

by Ken Russell -

Thanks for your suggestion, Hartmut! The only problem with this that I can see is that I cannot choose to have all users with the role of teacher added to the cohort (correct me if I am wrong). I would need to go into every course and identify the teacher, write that down, then to back to the cohort page and add each teacher individually. This woudl be a LOT of tedious work and as courses and teachers change, the list would quickly get out of date.

Because all teachers are identified with the role of teacher, it seems to be I shoudl be able to choose a role and email everyone one with that role at once. The individuals may change, but I would always be emailing people with that role, so no maintenance required beyond nomal course maintenance.

Is there any way to do it that way that you know of?

Perhaps I am not understanding your original answer, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks again for your help!

Ken