Front Page Activity - Roles

Front Page Activity - Roles

by Harry N -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I am planning to setup an activity in the front page so all students belonging to various can participate in the activity. The review submitted by the students will subsequently be approved by the respective teacher of their course.

I created the activity, locally assigned the students and the teachers from various courses to the activity. Students are able to add entries from their courses using the link that I had placed for the activity.

Only problem is every teacher is getting all the student submissions irrespective of the courses they belong. My intention is teacher belonging to course A should get only the submissions of students from course A.

Is this technically feasible in moodle. I do not want this activity to be created under every course...I wanted it to be in the front page so the activity need not be duplicated for evry course.

Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated.

Harry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harry N

Re: Front Page Activity - Roles

by Harry N -

Hello,

I believe I had asked something related to Roles and Capabilities...can anyone respond whether it is feasible in moodle and how so?

Thanks

Harry

In reply to Harry N

by Steve Bond -

Hi Harry

I doubt I will be able to answer this myself, but we'll definitely need more information. First of all, what version of Moodle are you using? Secondly, what type of activity are you talking about - is it an assignment? If so, when you say teachers should not 'receive' submissions from other courses, do you mean teachers should not receive notifications from students in those courses, or that they should not be able to view submissions from other courses.

My instinct is that this is not going to be possible. But I don't know Moodle 2 well enough yet, maybe there's some way to do it that I don't know about.

Steve

In reply to Steve Bond

by Harry N -

Steve,

Please find responses to your questions.

1. I am using Moodle 2.0

2. I am setting up database activity for a review process for students.

3. Basically I have different courses and teachers and students assigned to those courses. My idea is for the students to participate in this activity and their submissions to be approved by their teacher only who belongs to their course and not another teacher from some other course.

Regards,

Harry

In reply to Harry N

by Steve Bond -

Harry

OK, well it's my understanding that course-level roles are irrelevant for site-level activities. If you want your students to be able submit to that database, then they will need to have the student role under "Site Administration > Front Page > Front Page roles". So I don't think what you propose is possible. I am happy to be corrected though - anyone?

Steve