2.03 External Database no longer appearing as an 'Enrolment method' option

2.03 External Database no longer appearing as an 'Enrolment method' option

by Gemma Dempster -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

I restored into a course that had participants assigned to this via an External database. In the restore process I chose the settings 'Delete and restore into this course' and 'Overwrite Course Configuration' set to YES - this seemed the only option to restore all content into the course. When I checked enrolment methods before and after (see images below) - there no longer is an option External Database. I've tested 'Log in As' as a student to see if this authentication method would still map them to this course, yet it doesn't. Is there a way I can ensure this course is still mapped to our external databases?

BEFORE IMAGE:

AFTER IMAGE

(Note, we have also have an external holding database that maps Staff to the correct course. To test, I added further staff to this course via our external database and it still didn't work)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gemma Dempster

Re: 2.03 External Database no longer appearing as an 'Enrolment method' option

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Gemma,

did you actually log in with that user? I'm not really sure 'login as' triggers all the enrolment logic like a real login does.

Saludos.
Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

Re: 2.03 External Database no longer appearing as an 'Enrolment method' option

by Gemma Dempster -

Thanks Inaki for your reply.

I resolved the issue by ensure the 'short name' information was entered and this mapped to our external database enrolment tables.

Phew.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)