Site Administrator, but only Teacher in Course

Site Administrator, but only Teacher in Course

by Jeff Tillinghast -
Number of replies: 2

I'm set as a Site Administrator, but for some reason when I create a course, I am set only as a Teacher. I'm trying to enroll my students, but I can't access the Enrollments since I don't have permission.

We are pulling from an LDAP server, FWIW. The site enrollment does show me as an Administrator, though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Tillinghast

Re: Site Administrator, but only Teacher in Course

by ben reynolds -

Hi Jeff,

Totally by accident, I happened to look at site policies just now. Anyone who creates a course is, by default, teacher in that course. Try unenrolling from the course, which should return your admin role. Then you can enroll students. I think.

In reply to Jeff Tillinghast

Re: Site Administrator, but only Teacher in Course

by Mark Pearson -

If you're getting enrolled as Teacher it does mean that the account you're using is not the Site Admin account. I'm pretty sure of that.

You cannot login as a Site Administrator via LDAP authentication. The Site Admin user has to be a local user account. If you're logging in to a user account that is LDAP authenticted then it's not the site admin. That's just how Moodle works. To retrieve the site admin password (I often forget passwords for old moodle installs) you can use [Yes, help me login] button and enter the email address you used when you set the site up. The system will send you the username you used and invite you to reset the password. Try it out and see what happens -- it may help.

Mark