Bulk enrol users in selected courses

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 3
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Bulk enrol users in selected courses

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I distinctly remember this being available in early versions of 2.0- and testing it out. But now it isn't.  Maybe they removed it when they added all the different enrolment plugins  - I don't know. Anyone?thoughtful  EDIT...found this in tracker : MDL-24064 I will change the docs accordingly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by d morte -

I'm curious to know more about alternative options if there isn't Moodle GUI feature in 2.1+ to accomplish bulk enrollment. In my case I have several thousand users to enroll in a single course.

1. Is there a wildcard that can be placed in the search field in course admin settings > users > enrollment methods > manual enrollment > enroll users ? (http://yourwebsite.org/enrol/manual/manage.php?enrolid=2)

2. Is there a way to increase the limit of that search result to allow me to select all non-enrolled users?

3. Is there a way to change the search function of that field to search the email address after the @ symbol?

4. Is there a command in the database (mysql) that would allow us to enroll all non-enrolled users into a course?

I'm open to suggestions!

In reply to d morte

by Andrew C -

Hi Drew, did you find the wildcard?

Thanks,

Andrew