Backup summary automatically sent to deleted admins

Backup summary automatically sent to deleted admins

by Thilini Chandrasekera -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

The back up summary of my moodle site is automatically emailed to the previous administrator who doesn't even have a profile now in the moodle site. I raked through all the possible place to check whether his email address is still there in the LMS. But ccouldn't find.

Plz can someone help me with this sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thilini Chandrasekera

Re: Backup summary automatically sent to deleted admins

I guess no one doesn't have an answer for my problem. sad
Atleast can somebody give me a hint about the place where I can schedule the automatic backups and state the email ad which they have to be sent? 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Firstly, there is an admin user that is set up upon initial install of Moodle. I would guess that it is this user that has the old address and that you are just set as an administrator but without the admin user name.  When you log in, do you log in as admin or as a different user?

You can set automated backups under Admin Settings, Course, Backups, Automated Backup Settings.  I am not sure if you can change the user that the email is sent to but you might look under Server settings too.

In reply to Emma Richardson

I log in to the site in my name. Not as Admin. I think as you said the former admins' email address must be saved in the server. Thank you very much for responding.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That is your issue then.  The site is sending to the admin user.  You should be able to change the email address either by going into the database and locating the admin user or just logging in as admin and changing it that way.