Cant backup in 1.5 dev

Cant backup in 1.5 dev

by Doug Cullen -
Number of replies: 1
I'm getting an error every time a file is copied.   Background:

I have a working 1.4.3 version in /moodle.  I installed 1.5dev in /bonner, changed the db prefix  and it seems fine until I try to backup or restore. Even upload files generates an error but the files work. 

It appears to be a permissions problem as files are being copied
-------------------8<------------

Copying course files
Warning: chmod(): Permission denied in /homepages/31/d89345997/htdocs/bonner/backup/lib.php on line 292

Warning: chmod(): Permission denied in /homepages/31/d89345997/htdocs/bonner/backup/lib.php on line 292

-------------8<---------------
continues with one warning for each file, and failure of the backup.  I get the same warning when uploading file to use as content.

I've check the permissions in /moodledata and they are set to 777.

Similarly when trying to restore from a 1.4.3 backup (just site users)

----8<-------

Course restore: users.zip

• Creating temporary structures
  • Deleting old data
  • Copying zip file

Error copying backup file. Invalid name or bad perms.

------8<-------------------

I am puzzled since the backup and restore works in 1.4.3 on the same server, same db and in the same directory

I'm considering moving back to 1.4.3 but now I'm faced with recreating my content without the backup and restore function

Thanks for any ideas
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Cullen

Re: Cant backup in 1.5 dev

by Doug Cullen -
OK,

I've got it working now. 

Some poking around bugtrack, I found that there is a change in the default permission.  So I try setting them from 02777 back to the old 00777 setting in config.php and voila.