Database Error After Cut and Paste

Database Error After Cut and Paste

by Leisa Watkins -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to enter course descriptions using cut and paste.  I am using the Ctrl + V to paste the text. And the text is stripped of all code when it is pasted. When I save I get a database error message.

I am usually able to save one course description before I get the error.  Then in order to save another I have to close my brower and reopen it to add another course. This is happening in all browsers that I have tried. 

We are running the latest version of 2.0. 

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leisa Watkins

Re: Database Error After Cut and Paste

by Leisa Watkins -

Oddly.  I can copy and paste just fine in the forums.  I can't in assignments, class descriptions etc.

by Leisa Watkins -

I believe I have narrowed it down to something in the text.  I can't paste this text: 

"Welcome to Digital Scrapbooking.  My name is Leisa Watkins (pronounced Lisa) and I am excited to share the fun world of digital creation with you!

You'll learn digital scrapbooking skills in a logical progression that takes you step-by-step through the process of creating fantastic digital scrapbooks and digital educational notebooks of your learning‌ in any subject. Each student should walk away with a basic understanding of Photoshop Elements and color theory."

Even if I remover the egg and change you to you will it won't post.

But I can post the following:

"SELECTING A CLASS PROJECT

Plan on completing one project during the semester.  There is a lot to cover in this class and it will be easier to learn the concepts if one isn't switching between projects. Naturally, you can do additional projects outside of class - in fact, we encourage it.  You will have an opportunity to showcase all your work on the website."

and much more.

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Obviously there is nothing wrong in the text itself - but when you copy and paste something from other programs, web pages etc you may actually copy some strange code that you don't see in editor mode but you see it if you click HTML button in editor toolbar:

- all kinds of "Microsoft things" from MSWord etc

- javascripts

- other script code or images that have hidden code or iframes that have malicious code and so on