Roles in People Block / Participants List

Roles in People Block / Participants List

by Bethany Emory -
Number of replies: 1

Hello all-

We are a Moodle 1.9.11 school.  For the auditors we need to have activity logs and course statistics available even after a student drops a class.  We have created a separate role for these students - however I cannot figure out how to hide them from the Participants list in the course (and faculty will send messages to them encouraging them to complete work even after being dropped). 

I know when assigning roles there is the hidden role option - but we are using an automated upload process (Conduit through Moodlerooms) so this is not an option.  Has anyone found a way to limit how a role appears or does not appear in a course participants list via the Roles functionality (or any other way than a manual process).

Thanks as always!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bethany Emory

Re: Roles in People Block / Participants List

by ben reynolds -

Hi Bethany,

You could use groups/groupings to "hide" your dropped students. Just switch them from Group Active to Group Dropped and have all activities available to both groups. Force separate groups in course settings.

Anything done before the groups/groupings are turned on remains visible to all. After that, only to the group.

Oh, oops. I missed "list" in "Participants list." But, actually separate groups works in participants list, too.