How can I avoid printing? (moodle 2.1)

How can I avoid printing? (moodle 2.1)

by luciano biondo -
Number of replies: 9
I don't wish that students can easily print the book. (Of course, they can ever print with browser, but it is a more boring thing as long as the book has a lot of pages).

I have deleted book/print.php, but the printing buttons still appear in the student page and this is not fair.

How can I do to obtain that the bottom box at the left (with print book and print chapter) is not visible? (Moodle.2.1)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to luciano biondo

Re: How can I avoid printing? (moodle 2.1)

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello, the solution is to override print capability. Please update to latest 2.0 or 2.1 beta.

Petr
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Andy An -

Hi Petr:

My problem is on the other side:

there is no printing settings on the book module setting page and options on the book itself.

I use Moodle 2.1.2 and book modu;e is 2.0rc

(For more detailed I posted version.php here:

$maturity          = 150; //MATURITY_RC
$release           = "2.0rc (20110320)"; // User-friendly version number
)

ANy ideas?

Thanks

Andy

In reply to Andy An

by Andy An -

Hi Petr:

I found you released a new beta-version book for 2.1 and if I upgrade my installation to this one is it possible that the feature/function of printing book/chapter could come back?

Thanks.

Andy

In reply to Andy An

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello,
printing is controlled via new capability, please change the permissions if you want to remove the print link.

Petr
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Andy An -

Hi Petr:

My rpoblem is that there is no printing settings on the book setting page and there is no print sign (it should appears beside the book's content column) on the book page/chapter.

I would like to get it back.

The permoissions on the book print is"allowed" for both student and teacher (i guess it is default setting).

Thanks.

Andy

In reply to Andy An

by Charles Judson -

I have the same issue as Andy, I think. The Book Permissions show print as "Allowed" but the "Print this chapter" and "Print entire book" buttons are not shown. I understand the print option was recently changed to another capability but I am not able to find it.

Thank you very much,

Charlie

In reply to Andy An

by Petr Skoda -
The print links are now in the settings block. I wish it was not called settings because it contains not only settings.
In reply to Andy An

by Charles Judson -

A sheepish update on the book print issue...the print capability is indeed in the Settings but I still couldn't find it. A student pointed out this morning that the print button is only visible with the book open.

Charlie

Average of ratings: Useful (1)