GoDaddy.com | Moodle 2.1.1 | File Size Increase

GoDaddy.com | Moodle 2.1.1 | File Size Increase

by Aaron Czarnecki -
Number of replies: 2

Sup People!,

Finally after hours and hours of research and trial and error I have found the solution to increase your file size on your Moodle 2.1.1+.

Here is how I did it STEP BY STEP EASY as 123 FINALLY FEW!

Steps:

1. Go to GoDaddy.com or use your local FTP editor EX: Dreamweaver and navigate to your ROOT (Main Folder with all files) folder.
  2. Download the "php.ini" file
  3. You will not be able to open the file because nothing reads the .ini so.... instead change the file name from (php.ini) to php.php. (this way you are able to view the code in your favorite FTP editor ex: Dreamweaver)
  4. Once opened view the CODE:  Here is what it should look like below:
  5. PHP.ini upload file size
  6. Here is the code should you want to copy and replace the same on your site.
  7. register_globals = off
    allow_url_fopen = off
    post_max_size = 128M
    upload_max_filesize = 128M
    expose_php = Off
    max_input_time = 600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
    max_execution_time = 600 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
    variables_order = "EGPCS"
    extension_dir = ./
    upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
    precision = 12
    SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
    url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="
    [Zend]
    zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
    zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so
    rg_emulation=off
    session.bug_compat_warn=0
    rg_emulation=off
    rg_emulation=off

8. *NOTE: If you have a line in the code that say's Something to the fact of memory limit or whatever delete it.  It will result in a blank white page.
  9. Ok, So all is good right? Now, comes the interesting part which I did not know until talking to a GoDaddy.com Rep.
  10. The php.ini file is used for PHP4 users = Older versions of PHP not PHP 5.3.x hence PHP 5.3.x will ignor the file as it's not a PHP5 native format. You may be asking how do I change this format? Read next line to find out.
  11. Do a File "Save As" or "RENAME" The File from (php.php) to php5.php
  12. Now that you have renamed it by adding a 5 to it PHP5 will be able to read it smile
  13. Next step: Change the file back from (php5.php) to php5.ini  * Your just changing the extension remember.
  14. Next using your favorite FTP editor or GoDaddy.com File Uploader  - UPLOAD the NEW php5.ini to your server.
  15. DONE!  Give it a few min to settle server wise say 2min or so.

TIME TO CHECK IT!

Now GOTO MOODLE 2.1.1+

Steps to check it:

1. Go to "Settings/Site Administrator/Security/Site Policies"
  2. Check to see that your Max Upload File Size has changed: here's a pic:
  3. Max File Size

4. Next Check your Courses upload file size.
  5. GOTO: "Settings/Site Administrator/Courses/Course Default Settings"
  6. Here is a pic:
  7. Course File size

8. DONE! smile

NOW GO UPLOAD SOMETHING TO YOUR SITE smile

Click on a course *Make sure Editing is turned ON

Click on "Add a resource/File"

And enjoy the new file increase.  Here is a pic.

content pic upload

ALL DONE smile = ENJOY ~ I HOPE THIS HELPS ALL.  REMEMBER KEEP FORMS SIMPLE AND TO THE POINT ~

Aaron

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Aaron Czarnecki

Re: GoDaddy.com | Moodle 2.1.1 | File Size Increase

by Nathan Hammond -

Aaron,

Thank you so much for that great update. That totally worked and took me only 10 minutes. Your hours of research that you so generously shared were a real blessing to me. Made something possible for my classes tomorrow that I otherwise would have had to just give up on.

Thanks again...what a great Moodle community!

Nathan

In reply to Nathan Hammond

Re: GoDaddy.com | Moodle 2.1.1 | File Size Increase

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

I will add that I am brave and used the Godaddy FTP file manager.   I saw the php5.ini file and used the edit icon to edit it in place.   Perhaps Godaddy changed something, I only saw the php5.ini file could be this is a new site.  

Added the file uploads, changed it to 10M.   Went to site admin which was set to site default and changed that to 10M (max I could see was 2M before) and allegedly Godaddy had a 8 M default (so why did Moodle tell me 2 M?) .

I am happy.  Thx   Chris