Turn off CAS in Config.php

Turn off CAS in Config.php

by Clancy Cummings -
Number of replies: 4

Hi.  Anyone know the entry for config.php which turns off CAS?  I'm having an LDAP issue and now cannot login with main account have to go to my original admin account which is not authenticated via CAS.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clancy Cummings

Re: Turn off CAS in Config.php

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to set $CFG->auth to the command-separated list of auth plugins you want to be enabled (manual authentication and nologin are added to this list automatically, so you don't need to include them in the list).

Say you already had email based authentication (email) and external database (db) in addition to CAS. If you want to only have the first two, you would set:

$CFG->auth = 'email,db';

Say you wanted internal authentication (manual) and nologin only. Then just leave it empty:

$CFG->auth = '';

By the way, this doesn't touch the values in the database, so you just need to remove that line from config.php to revert to your configured plugins smile

A last remark. This enables the specified plugins and disables the rest, so any user configured to use one of the desired plugins will be unable to log in (unless assigned one of the enabled plugins and a valid password for that plugin).

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Clancy Cummings -

Thank you, Iñaki.  I'm still having issues -- after upgrading to 2.1x, I can no longer authenticate via CAS.  My error says "LDAP-module cannot connect to any servers: No LDAP Host URL, Version or User Type specified in your LDAP settings" which is odd as my other environment has the same LDAP settings in CAS authentication and works beautifully, although it is still running 2.0.x  

Placing the $CFG->auth = ''; as shown above in the config.php doesn't seem to work on this new 2.1x setup as it still insists on authenticating via CAS, at which time it fails as soon as I put in my corrent username and password.  Interestingly enough, if I put in an incorrect username/password, it tells it failed to authenticate me, so i know it is hitting the server correctly.  

I may have to find someone that edit the database for me.  It is Postgres, and I know nothing about it. 

In reply to Clancy Cummings

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Clancy,

this is totally my fault! sad

I fixed bug MDL-16168 in Moodle 2.0.x only, and forgot to port the fix to Moodle 2.1.x and the development version (master).

I'll push the fix for the new versions and hopefully in a short time it will be part of 2.1.x and master.

P.S. I you can't wait, you can apply the change shown at https://github.com/iarenaza/moodle/commit/beb807e033dcd64d0b464f6d30486e963c4b0d11

Saludos.
Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by awa eva -

j'ai fais l'authentification radius moodle ensuite si j'essaie de me connecter avec certains utilisateurs creer sur le serveur radius j'ai ce resultat la " radius send failed error sending request no valid radius responses received" stp aidez mo