Cron.php Failure - "Found more than one record in fetch() !"

Cron.php Failure - "Found more than one record in fetch() !"

by Joseph Heekin -
Number of replies: 6

Cron.php no longer completes successfully on my Moodle site. It reaches the step labeled "Starting the completion cron...", hangs for a few seconds, and then prints "Found more than one record in fetch() !" and aborts.

I had had received a similar error (however just within a course) when I dupicated activites in a course with activity completion active. As soon as I deleted all of the duplicated activities, I was able to view activity completion options again without the error. I have also duplicated courses with activity completion enabled and set-up and am now seeing an error of the same name in the cron.php script info. I have deleted the course which was duplicated, but the error persists. This sounds like a large bug; I am wondering if anyone has experienced this and/or is familiar with the issue. Running health.php returns no problem found. Moodle 2.1.1 is the version.

Thanks,

Joey

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Heekin

Re: Cron.php Failure - "Found more than one record in fetch() !"

by Petr Illek -

Hello,

I've just run into same problem. If I disable "enablecompletion" feature - the cron runs smoothly. But I'm using the completion as a condition to further activities. We have never duplicate a course or activity.

Using Moodle 2.1.1.

Any suggestions?

In reply to Petr Illek

by Matthew Davidson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Same issue here.  Any idea what values are being duplicated?

In reply to Matthew Davidson

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Several people in another forum are reporting this.   We use completion activities on a couple of servers.  Cron seemed to run fine for acouple of weeks and and then....I got the fetch issue.   Sigh.  

So what values are being duplicated?   Chris

by Jorge OYARZO -

Same problem here, when I try to get the Course completion status from a course it gives the "error/debug/morethanonerecordinfetch" error. Yesterday was working fine, please I really need help with this one

by Jon Fila -

I'm having this problem as well on 2.2.1.

Will updating to the most recent build help this issue? I was also receiving this message when a student tried to enter a course where the Course Completion Block had been added. After removing the block the student was able to enter the course again.

In reply to Jon Fila

by Jon Fila -

I just updated my site to a newer version of 2.2 and this issue was resolved. Though the Course Completion block is having its own issues so I turned it off. The list was way too long and didn't provide very much information. I'm going to have to continue to mess with it and see what happens.