LDAP- Active Directory- User Lookup From AD GROUP?

LDAP- Active Directory- User Lookup From AD GROUP?

by Jason Lehrhoff -
Number of replies: 1

I have been trying to get the "User Lookup Settings" "Contexts" to look in specific Windows security groups and having no luck. We are using a plain vanilla AD tree structure, so I am basically plugging in:
CN=teachers,CN=Users,DC=Domain,DC=org and it isn't working. Also tried to specify two groups by putting in: CN=teachers,CN=Users,DC=Domain,DC=org;CN=students,CN=Users,DC=Domain,DC=org
and no dice. The only way it works is if I specify the base OU: CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=org

Anyone get this working with Windows Security groups? Slightly related I was able to specify my "teachers" group in the "Course Creator" LDAP plug in area, it registers the user as a system-wide Course Creator, but for the life of me I can't logon with that user and actually find a place to create a course

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Lehrhoff

Re: LDAP- Active Directory- User Lookup From AD GROUP?

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm afraid this doesn't work. Current LDAP code expects contexts to be "containers" (i.e., organizational units or folders), not groups. So it doesn't know how to deal with groups.

If you need to make it work with groups (and groups only), you would need to modify function ldap_find_userdn() in lib/ldaplib.php (in Moodle 2.x), or in auth/ldap/auth.php (for Moodle 1.x)

Saludos.
Iñaki.