i could not get hot potatoes to install. It kept coming up with "no database"
after alot of fiddling around i tried this
1) upzip the files but do not copy them into moodle folder
2) open moodle in browser
3) goto EXPERIMENTAL / XMLDB
4) Copy the hot potatoes files into the relvant locations
5) open browser and refresh the page
6) look for the mods/hotpotatoes section
7) one option should be for the DB, LOAD that section
6) goto notifications and follow the instructions
which seems to work. I have created and upload a hot potatoes quiz and it seems to work. No guarentees for anyone else, as this was only on a local test site. but it is worth a try. I just wanting to see if it breaks anything else!