setup Dialogue module

setup Dialogue module

by wim bontinck -
Number of replies: 8

Hello, I've seen the Dialogue module work in a partner Moodle-setup and have tried to install it myself (in the right folders etc) but am not getting to see the module in Moodle (although I activated it).

Do I need to set roles or other settings to be able to see this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to wim bontinck

Re: setup Dialogue module

by Troy Williams -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Wim,

Do you have a folder? [your moodle install]/mod/dialogue/ 

Also when you navigate to Settings ► Site administration ► Plugins ► Activity modules ► Manage activities

Do you see the Dialogue module installed?

In reply to Troy Williams

by wim bontinck -

Hello Troy,

I do see the module installed (screenshot 1) but when I go via plugins check I get the error as shown in screenshot 2.

I must say however that I've installed Moodle on a free hosting account (http://www.freehostingcloud.com) with an installer script so I don't have a 100% view on the background install ... (mostly because I'm a newbie at installing server applications)

I do get errors on other modules as well (e.g. the Certificate module I'ld like to try as well).

Thanks for helping me out!

In reply to wim bontinck

by Troy Williams -

Looks like there is a problem with your installation, maybe a folder called backup in /mod/ that shouldn't be there do you have a web view of the folders/files of your moodle installation?

Troy

by wim bontinck -

Indeed there is a backup folder that contains this:

Should I empty it (or remove it)?

Wim

In reply to wim bontinck

by wim bontinck -

In the pluginscheck window I get the following remarks:

In reply to wim bontinck

by Troy Williams -

Hi Wim,

Sorry haven't got back to you sooner, have been out of office where 3g network average.

Yeah I would remove. Also mod/lang and mod/pix shouldn't be sitting in that directory and would remove.

I think you should remove mod/dialogue to then re install. It's looks like has been extracted into mod/ directory as the backup files are for the dialkogue module, I think pix and lang folders are probably for the dialogue module too.

Maybe try downloading then extracting on you desk top change name from dialogue-whatevergitcommitno to dialogue then re zip upload and extract on the hosted service.

Regards,

Troy

by wim bontinck -

Hi Troy,

I'll give it a try!

In the mean time I'm testing the module on a Moodle 1.9 setup => works just fine there!

Needs some debugging for the 2.0 version I guess ...

Thanks!

Wim

In reply to wim bontinck

by Troy Williams -

The 2.0 version is fine, like any of the another modules or plugins they just have to be extracted to the right location. smile

Troy