Default enrolment duration for courses not working

Default enrolment duration for courses not working

di Andrew D -
Numero di risposte: 2

I am running Moodle 2.1.1 and no matter what I set as the default enrolment duration for a course (in setting/course administration/users/enrolment methods/manual enrolments) when I go to add a new user the default always comes up as unlimited.  For example if I set the default to 365 days in the course settings, and then go to add a new user it will say unlimited as the duration.

I had the same problem in Moodle 2 and 2.1 as well.

Has anybody else got this problem, and any ideas on what might be the cause and how to fix it.

Thanks

Andy

Media dei voti:  -
In riposta a Andrew D

Re: Default enrolment duration for courses not working

di Helen Foster -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Documentation writers Immagine Moodle HQ Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Plugin developers Immagine Testers Immagine Translators

Hi Andy,

I've just tried searching in the Moodle Tracker for the problem you describe, but can't find where it's reported. However I notice the problem is fixed on the QA Testing Site (running Moodle 2.2dev). Are you able to update to the latest 2.1.1+ package to see whether this fixes things for you?

In riposta a Helen Foster

Re: Default enrolment duration for courses not working

di Peter Jonker -

It seems to me that setting the date in the enrolment method Manual and  enrolling a student does not set the date for that student. The only way I got it working is by uploading a student through bulk adding fields course1 & enrolperiod1. Where enrolperiod1 should be set in the number of days of enrolment. After that the end date is set and showing.