Default enrolment duration for courses not working

Default enrolment duration for courses not working

gan Andrew D -
Number of replies: 2

I am running Moodle 2.1.1 and no matter what I set as the default enrolment duration for a course (in setting/course administration/users/enrolment methods/manual enrolments) when I go to add a new user the default always comes up as unlimited.  For example if I set the default to 365 days in the course settings, and then go to add a new user it will say unlimited as the duration.

I had the same problem in Moodle 2 and 2.1 as well.

Has anybody else got this problem, and any ideas on what might be the cause and how to fix it.

Thanks

Andy

Cyfartaledd sgoriau: -
In reply to Andrew D

Re: Default enrolment duration for courses not working

gan Helen Foster -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Moodle HQ Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers Llun o Translators

Hi Andy,

I've just tried searching in the Moodle Tracker for the problem you describe, but can't find where it's reported. However I notice the problem is fixed on the QA Testing Site (running Moodle 2.2dev). Are you able to update to the latest 2.1.1+ package to see whether this fixes things for you?

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Default enrolment duration for courses not working

gan Peter Jonker -

It seems to me that setting the date in the enrolment method Manual and  enrolling a student does not set the date for that student. The only way I got it working is by uploading a student through bulk adding fields course1 & enrolperiod1. Where enrolperiod1 should be set in the number of days of enrolment. After that the end date is set and showing.