Sorry the above post was so vague, I wrote it up rather quick on my iphone on the way home.
I should add that our server is running ubuntu-server 10.04, apache 2.2.14, mysql 5.1.41, php 5.3.2, and moodle 1.9.12. Also that moodle and STACK are on the same server, at http://myserver/moodle and http://myserver/stack correspondingly.
Moodle is working fine, I've successfully added the jsmath filter, and it is working fine within moodle.
When I run the STACK installer, I manage to get through to page 2 fine. On page 2 my server passes everything except 'tidy', which I believe is optional. On page 3 I can successfully connect to both the STACK and moodle databases. On page 4 there are no problems with the webpage settings or the CAS settings, I am running Maxima 5.20.1, which I downloaded using apt-get if that helps. On page 4 under Conversion tof LaTeX to html I have a few issues. I did not install TtH or TtM as the readme said they will be no longer needed in the future, and I have jsmath installed under moodle. Is this correct?
Page 5 and 6 work fine. I click continue, and page 7 shows the page below. Notice that it is largely blank.
Further to this. If I run the healthcheck within STACK. If I set the jsmath path as above, the healthcheck page is also blank. If I change the path relative to localhost, the healthcheck passes, except that it warns that jsmath was not found on localhost but was found at the root above. Rather strange.
Any help would be appreciated.
I am assuming that you went to the error log. It may identify where the hang up is. it is probably simply a file that needs permission setting changed.
Yes I did go to the error log. As soon as I click continue at p5.php, my error log increases in size by almost 2G! It is filled with feof() and fgets() errors. They all say "expects parameter 1 to be a resource, boolean given in /usr/share/stack-dev/install/installFunctions.php on line 549" or line 550.
I'm no php expert, i've had a look at the lines in question, but they make little sense to me. I can gather it is trying to open a file or files.
sounds like you need to change the permissions for the p5.php file
Thanks again David,
I think I've nailed it down. Took a lot of reading the PHP manual, but the installFunctions.php is failing while trying to open a file via the fsockopen() function. Reading the manual, this will fail if my site is behind a proxy, which it is. So I think I may have to bite the bullet and learn how to pipe the fsockopen() function through a proxy. I will setup a test server, I think and play with it that way.
I see, glad you nailed it down and good luck figuring that out!
As a final update,
I emailed Chris, and he let me know that the next update should address the proxy issue.