Secondary glossary dissappears when term is exported to Main

Secondary glossary dissappears when term is exported to Main

by Sej Lee -
Number of replies: 6

Using Moodle 2.1.1

I have all my glossarys set up for each topic as secondarys. They all work fine with no issues at all. But when i click on the export to Main Glossary + sign the entire secondary glossary is crashed with the following error message.

Firefox can't find the file at http://www.mywebsite.com/moodle2/mod/glossary/view.php?id=1597.

I lose everything in the secondary glossary BUT the word appears in the MAIN glossary.

Please help, we have spent 3 days writing many glossary's up and im afraid we will lose them all.

BTW, an easy solution is to not use the main, i know this.

Also worth noting, the auto-linking does not work either.

Thanks in advance

J

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sej Lee

Re: Secondary glossary dissappears when term is exported to Main

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1.-

"But when i click on the export to Main Glossary + sign ..."

Sorry, but I do not know where you can see this "Main Glossary + sign". Please attach a screenshot showing it.

2.-"the auto-linking does not work either"

That is a different matter. Are you sure you have turned that feature ON in your moodle site's admin settings?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sej Lee -

Here is the screenshot of the Export feature. The red + sign copies the term and defintion to the MAIN glossary. After clicking it the term does appear in the MAIN glossary however the entire secondary glossary, in this case TEST is gone with the error posted above. Does this with 1 term or 20 terms present in the secondary glossary.

I would assume im making an obvious mistake but the page error message indicates something is broken.

Thanks in advance

J

In reply to Sej Lee

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for the screenshot. Since I never ever use "Main Glossaries" on my moodle sites I had not noticed that + sign feature for exporting individual entries from a Secondary to a Main glossary.

I have just tried that "export one entry" feature and it works fine on my Moodle 2.1 test site. No crash or any problem at all. So it should work for you too.

I have no idea what your problem could be. I suggest the following:

• create a brand-new "test course" on your moodle site
  • in that course, create a brand-new Main Glossary and leave it empty (no entries)
  • in that same course, create a brand-new Secondary glossary with a couple of entries
  • click on the + sign to export one entry from Secondary to Main glossary
  • see what happens

Is that moodle 2.1 site an upgrade from a previous 1.9 or 2.0 site? Have your glossaries been created in 1.9 or in 2.1?

Joseph

by Sej Lee -

Ok, will do the steps you suggested.

It is an original 2.0 site, but the glossarys are new and were only created after the latest 2.1 upgrade.

Jay

by Sej Lee -

Ok, I have done as you suggested and the outcome is identical.

The Main gets the updated glossary term and then deletes the complete secondary glossary.

Very lost on what to do next,

Jay

In reply to Sej Lee

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.