A messaging type

A messaging type

by Vikram Gupta -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Moodle Community!

I am a newbie to moodle. I have a very high level question. I have searched the moodle forum for such a topic but could not find it.

I want to write a plugin to create a new messaging type. The already existing ones are Email and Jabber. I want to write plugin that will, instead of sending an email or jabber, it will send a certain message to a certain server. How do I go about writing such a plugin?

Thanks!

Vikram

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vikram Gupta

Re: A messaging type

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: A messaging type

by Vikram Gupta -

Thanks Tim. That helped.

But now I seemed to have created plugins that had errors and corrected later. These plugins were, at some time, inserted  to the list of message_processors. I don't need these plugins now and want to delete them completely from the system. When I click on Site Administration -> Plugins -> Message Outputs -> Manage Message Outputs, all I see is the list of message processors - some working and some not working. There aren't delete buttons next to these plugins. If I just delete the unwanted plugin folders directly from the file system, this list still shows those plugins but says 'Not available' in the 'enable' column. Only deleting the folders from the filesystem will also cause undesired side effects like My Profile Settings -> Messaging   stops working.

How do I get rid of these unwanted plugins completely from the system?

Vikram