Moodle documentation: Supporting 2 versions at once - creates an issue with demo and docs

Moodle documentation: Supporting 2 versions at once - creates an issue with demo and docs

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers

Basically, the "stated" policy/recommendation is to use demo.moodle.net as our standard for screen shots and I would assume documentation. There is no 2.0 demo.moodle, only 2.1.  There is no 2.1 Moodle Docs and only 2.0 and 1.9.

So Moodle HQ needs to have, when appropriate, the soon to be non-supported version AND the current supported version BOTH as demos and as MoodleDocs.   We can dump 2.0 demo when it is not supported.  Then "move" (I will let someone else be clever here), 2.1 to that place with 2.2 becomes stable and supported.

Don't get me wrong, I am more than happy to create a 2.0 localhost, but I think this is a matter of policy and needing to work out the consequences from a good idea that has not been done before.. 

I do apologize, to all those thoughtful people (who shall remain nameless and blameless), for ignoring what i knew, Moodle 2.0 Docs will be seperate from Moodle 2.1 Docs and so on util we get to 3.0, where a new policy is possible big grin

I think Mt. Orange (school.demo.moodle.org) can do what it feels is best.  With all due respect, I only use demo.moodle as the "official" Moodle, whether I like it or not.

Best to all  Chris

Average of ratings: -