Glossary entries import XML format problem

Glossary entries import XML format problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello!
On a test machine I am using Moodle 1.4.3, PHP 5.0.3 and mySql 4.1.9-max. I have a problem with importing glossary entries.
The glossary entries are exported correctly to an XML file, but the code is wrongly converted upon importing. For instance, let's consider the various codes for the entry for the word journal.

In the exported XML file, it looks like this:
<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">false friend # French <span style="font-style: italic;">journal</span>!</span><br />in English a journal is a scientific or academic publication, etc.

Imported into the glossary its code should look like this:
<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">false friend # French <span style="font-style: italic;">journal</span>!</span><br />in English a journal is a scientific or academic publication, etc.

but on my Moodle installation it looks like this:
span style=color: rgb(255, 0, 0);false friend # French span style=font-style: italic;journal/span!/spanbr /in English a journal is a scientific or academic publication, etc.

which of course it is not displayed correctly as :

journal: false friend # French journal!
in English a journal is a scientific or academic publication, etc.

Has anyone an idea what this can be due to ? my PHP or mySql version ? a conflict with Moodle 1.4.3 ?

Thanks in advance

Joseph_R
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Glossary entries import XML format problem

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Joseph,

PHP 5.0.3 has a serious bug in their XML libraries, making it unusable at all! So, your should downgrade to PHP 5.0.2 and wait for a new release...

For your reference: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=17212

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Glossary entries import XML format problem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

¡Ola Eloy!

Thanks for your prompt response! I've just replaced my PHP 5.0.3 version with PHP 5.0.4 -dev and bingo! the import of the glossary.xml works OK now...

Joseph_R