Opening Moodle Login to External users, whilst Restricting what they can view.

Opening Moodle Login to External users, whilst Restricting what they can view.

by Marcel Mihulka -
Number of replies: 0

Greetings,

I am currently running Moodle 1.9 and looking to upgrade to 2.0 in the next month. Our organziation has set Moodle up to be open access to all courses as long as you have the correct suffix on your e-mail account.

We are now wanting to allow external users to view one of our courses. This has given us two problems:

1) They do not have the correct e-mail address suffix to register themselves to our Moodle site.

2) If we open it up to allow anyone with an email in, there will be security issues and the users will be able to see all the courses, not just the one we want them to see.

I have toyed with the idea of placing enrolment keys on all the courses, but we want all our staff to be able to access all courses readily.

We have considered allowing guests into only that course, but we need them to register so we have their details for the face-to-face module (otherwise it will just come up as guest).

I have also thought of creating a seperate Moodle site just for that course, but would rather it be on the same.

Does anyone have a better solution. I would be really appreciative to hear it.

Regards,

Marcel

Average of ratings: -