Error message: Saving failed because missing or false values

Error message: Saving failed because missing or false values

by Hartmut Scherer -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I am using Moodle 2.0.3 (Build: 20110505). With the Feedback module I tried out a registration form with two conditional questions. In the Settings page the feedback options were set to:
- user’s name will be logged and shown with answers
- analysis: no
- send e-mail: yes
- multiple submission: yes
- Automated number: no
The rest of the settings page was left with the default settings.

Registration form - 1. pageAs a test student I filled out the first page, clicked on next and selected “yes” for living on Guam. Then, I received the error message “Saving failed because missing or false values.” Can somebody tell me which values are missing or false?

As a test student, I could neither continue nor cancel my attempt. When I opened the registration form again, I only had the option to continue. As admin I was unable to delete this attempt, because it didn’t show up in the analysis, which is correct as the registration form was not submitted. Somehow the data of the test student was saved temporarily, but could not be changed by anyone. Therefore, I had to delete the feedback activity in this particular course.

I attached the XML file so that you can run the test again. I appreciate your help in finding the missing or false values.

With kind regards,
Hartmut

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Error message: Saving failed because missing or false values

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi all,

just an update. I had not realized that the conditional statement is case sensitive and an answer should not be required.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Faulty handling of required fields in dependent branches.

by Balázs Petróczi -

The point is that you can ONLY place all the required fields in the same branch, so that the students can't miss any, otherwise the system will still wait for an answer for all the other required fields in the alternative branches they didn't choose and you will get this error. This is a usability issue and a logical error in the program.