Course Completion Status Block ... Pending status???

Course Completion Status Block ... Pending status???

by Khaled Hamadmad -
Number of replies: 8

I just add a Course Completion Status Block and I had put a grade criteria as a condition for course passing but after I gave passing grades to students I loggend in as a student .. to see that the comletion status is : Pending even though the student has the passing grade ??? and when I tried to check the course completion reports as an Admin user, there were no passed students.. please if anybody can help me!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Khaled Hamadmad

Re: Course Completion Status Block ... Pending status???

by United Electric IT Department -

I am having the same issue with my site (version 2.1). It appears that the table "course_completion_aggregation_methods" is responsible for generating the "complete" status, but it's not linked to any of the other tables. Any ideas?

In reply to United Electric IT Department

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What happens when you run the cron manually?

In reply to Mary Cooch

I can run it with not issues, but afterwards the are still listed as "pending."

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've just had a look in the Moodle Tracker but can't find any report of this problem. Please could someone create an issue for it and then post the issue number in this discussion thread. (You'll need to create a tracker account in order to create a new issue.)

In reply to Khaled Hamadmad

Ok, so I was doing some searching and found out that I needed to add: $CFG->enablecompletion to my config.php. Now that I've added that line, I can run cron manually and get an updated course completion list showing that the course is actually completed.

by Sami Hwang -

Hello,

Can I ask one question? Which file are you referring to?

There is not config.php file in course completion folder if I am not mistaken?

I think the following page is the one that we should take a look at it.

Am I on the right track to address the issue?

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-30020?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs

Sami

In reply to Sami Hwang

by richa rathore -

Hi Sami,

I do have the same problem.

I checked the mentioned link https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-30020?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs in the moodle tracker and followed the instructions.

The change is, now my status block is showing 'In progress' instead of Complete. Before applying the changes it was showing Pending status.

Please help me if anybody has got any solution on this.

Thanks

Richa