preserve pictures in glossary entries

preserve pictures in glossary entries

par Gerry Jenkins,
Nombre de réponses : 5

Currently images can be inserted into glossary entries. This is very usefull for the visual learner.

But when you export a glossary with images in the entries using the XML option, the images are not stored as part of the XML file as the are with the moodle XML format for questions as in the question module of moodle.

I believe this would  be a natural feature to add to the XML import and export for the glossary moodule so that you could copy a glossary of a particular subject area from your class to a different class easily.

I started a issue tracker for this, but it was closed. See MDL-28526

I thought this should get more input from the moodle community. So I have posted this thread here.

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Gerry Jenkins

Re: preserve pictures in glossary entries

par Jean-Michel Védrine,

Hello Gerry,

I looked at MDL-28526 and I was puzzled !!

The decision to cloze this issue is not understandable as is the comment from Michael !!

I will post a comment.

En réponse à Jean-Michel Védrine

par Jean-Michel Védrine,

Please, can People using glossaries XML import/export and interested in not loosing all their pictures in the process (Yes this is what currently happend in Moodle 2.0 and 2.1 yeux grands ouverts) comment and vote on MDL-28526

I don't understand why this issue was closed as "not a bug" this IS certainly a bug : all entries are broken when you import them back because they have @@PLUGINFILE@@ images urls in them !!

Thanks Joseph for having already added a comment to this issue !

En réponse à Gerry Jenkins

par Chris Collman,

There has to be an easier way.   I finally got so frustrated, I used a workaround.

I posted it in Glossary FAQ.

I looked at an XML file scr= notation after I added a dictionary-style glossary entry at demo.moodle.net with a picture from a legacy file.  Same thing.  

<DEFINITION>&lt;p&gt;Here is a glossary entry with a picture&lt;img src=&quot;https://moodle.org/pluginfile.php/159/mod_forum/post/811945/CL1_a.jpg&quot; alt=&quot;&quot; width=&quot;58&quot; height=&quot;62&quot; /&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;It is the #1 and an apple image.&lt;/p&gt;</DEFINITION>

If you change @@PLUGINFILE@@ to a webfolder with the images, that works with import.   Then when you export that glossary, it keeps the external URL.

I did a search @@PLUGINFILE@@ and replaced every instance with http://Mydomain.edu/images.   With all the pictures in that folder, it had no issues on importing the new XML file. 

My only other thought is wondering if the @@PLUGIN@@ has something to do with a filter setting???   Brrrr. 

Moyenne des évaluations Useful (1)
En réponse à Chris Collman

par Ivan Roulson,

This issue seems to have gone quiet in the last year. We're using Moodle 2.x (not quite sure which) and I've had students create a glossary and some of them have pictures.

If they move to a new group as they change year group in September, I'd like them to take their definitions with them.

For some reason I don't seem to have the time to add all of their pictures in again - my wife's a Moodle widow as it is!