Permissions for authenticated user to post & reply in forum

Permissions for authenticated user to post & reply in forum

by gary acker -
Number of replies: 3

I have set up a course for system wide resources and activities.  I want all users to have access, without having to enroll into the course.  I have set up a forum (blog style) so that all users may post suggestions.  In course permissions, i allowed "authenticated user" to be able to start new discussion, which worked, however, I cant get the "reply to posts" to work. In course permissions and in the forum permissions, both are set to allow for authenticated user, but the reply link will not show for logged in students (does show for admins)   Am I missing somthing, or is there an easier way to do system wide activities? -- using Moodle 2.0 (Build: 20101130) 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gary acker

Re: Permissions for authenticated user to post & reply in forum

by Andrew Davey -

Hi,

Did you manage to find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

Many thanks,

Andrew

In reply to gary acker

by brami petluri -

Have you checked permissions for "reply to posts" for students ? pls check it once

Regards.

Brahmaiah Petluri 

(Edited by Helen Foster to remove signature according to our moodle.org forums code of conduct - original submission Tuesday, 24 April 2012, 09:22 AM)

In reply to gary acker

by Debora Weber-Wulff -

Found a solution - bizarre. If you have visible groups set for the forum, they can't post. If you set the forum up to have no groups, then they get the button to start a new discussion. Sub-optimal, but it words for me.