Online Assessments/PDP

Online Assessments/PDP

by Mick Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice.

We're thinking of using Moodle to create a Personal Development Plan that all our students will be able to review and edit throughout the year.  We also require some form of reporting that allows the teachers to check to see if completed or what stage students are at.

I've tried creating questions within Moodle, but can't seem to find an option that allows the user to go back and view and edit the online document as many times as they want.  I've also tried using wimba create with no joy.

Does anyone have any ideas of a good way of doing this.  

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mick Smith

Re: Online Assessments/PDP

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Actually, I have seen similar done with Moodle by giving each student their own course with editing teacher rights - rather than a simple assignment - this enables them to add images, resources, videos etc and change at will. Their teacher could be added to the course to see what stage they are up to. To be honest, I think this is something where Mahara might work better than Moodle. I know there is a Individual Learning Plan module http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=1025&filter=1 which might be useful too, but AFAIK it doesn't yet work with Moodle 2.0

Alternatively, on a really simple basis, you could just use the online text assignment - there's no reason why the student couldn't go back and add to that at will.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)