glossary linking only on selected pages

glossary linking only on selected pages

oleh Gerry Jenkins -
Jumlah balasan: 5

Hi, I was excited by the new levels of filter control in moodle 2.0

I have always wanted to only have glossary linking show on a few selected activities and html page resources.

But even with the Site level, course level, and activity/resource level of filter control, I can't find a combination to turn off autolinking as the default and the use the specific actifity filter to turn it on for that part.

Anyone know a way besides using the <span class="nolink"> tag explicitly around every phrase in every page you don't want linking?

Rata-rata penilaian: -
Sebagai balasan Gerry Jenkins

Re: glossary linking only on selected pages

oleh Joseph Rézeau -
Gambar dari Core developers Gambar dari Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar dari Plugin developers Gambar dari Testers Gambar dari Translators

Hi Gerry,

Which activity/ies do you actually want to turn the glossary autolinking OFF in?

Joseph

Sebagai balasan Joseph Rézeau

oleh Gerry Jenkins -

I teach a computer basics class and have a large glossary of computer terms.

I have designed a glossary list for each topic to study. these are web page resources within moodle. I would like to just link from these pages and not from any of my assignments or quizes, or anything else.

To do this in 1.9,  I had to patch the quiz moodle code, and us nolink tags on everhthing else. It was a lot of work.

oleh Joseph Rézeau -
Gambar dari Core developers Gambar dari Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar dari Plugin developers Gambar dari Testers Gambar dari Translators

@Gerry,

For each of the activities and resources that you want to not autolink to your glossary, go to its Settings page and set the autolinking to OFF.

See attached screenshot example for a quiz.

Joseph

Lampiran 04-08-2011 23-27-04.jpg
Sebagai balasan Joseph Rézeau

oleh Gerry Jenkins -

I propose that

the course level filter for autolink, if set to default, default to the site settings, whether on or off

that the module item level of filter, if set to default, inherits its setting from the course level setting.

And if the item level is set to on or off then it overrides the inherited setting from course or site.

That way you could set a course to off, and any items that were not explicitly set to on/off would all follow the course setting.

So it would be easy to have most pages off or most pages on, controlled by the course setting, and then just a few indiviudual module items could be set to on or off (overriding the course setting)

This seems like it would be a very simple change in the code to me. And would save a lot of time in the cases where there is a predominate need for off or on in most module items for a course.

oleh Joseph Rézeau -

@ Gerry,

Your proposal makes sense. Please go ahead and post a "new feature" report in the bug tracker. Even better, if you can, propose a patch to make this new feature work.

Joseph