Lost spaces while importing XML file to the Glossary

Lost spaces while importing XML file to the Glossary

Guillermo Ramirez - келді
Number of replies: 1

Hello

I have created a XML file using windows notebook with the format required by the glossary module.

Importing was successful, all 700 entries were added to the glossary, but definitions are without spaces or without special characters, depending on the moodle installation I work.

I am working in two different Moodle installations in different servers. (Different universities) 

If I import the same file I get different results in each instalations.

In the first one, all accents and special characters (spanish ñ, for instance) are replaced by ? and the following letter is deleted. (I.E. the phrase "más piña colada" is written as "m? pi? colada"

In the second one, all spaces dissapear but the accents and especial characters are correct. (I.E the phrase "más piña colada" is written as "máspiñacolada")

I have tried saving the file as unicode, as ansi, as UTF-8 without luck.

What am I doing wrong? What should the system administrator of each system do? It is their problem or mine?

Thanks and best regards

Guillermo Ramirez

In reply to Guillermo Ramirez

Re: Lost spaces while importing XML file to the Glossary

Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Moodle HQ қатысушының суреті Peer reviewers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті Testers қатысушының суреті
Hi Guillermo,

it's highly recommended to upgrade to Moodle 1.4.3+, because, with that version some differences between PHP versions and the whitespace bug was solved. If you encode your glossary XML files to UTF-8 and use Moodle 1.4.3+, everything should work fine.

Ciao Күлкі