Quiz report to Excel not working Moodle 1.9.12

Quiz report to Excel not working Moodle 1.9.12

by Marius S -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

We have Moodle 1.9.12 on CentOS5.6 server with PHP5.3.6, MySQL 5.5, Apache 2.2.3

There is a test created in course, we can see test results report in web browser. There is 3 buttons Download in ODS, Excel and Text format.

Yesterday we were able to download report in Excel format.
But today if we click on 'Download in Excel' we download 0KB file, which is empty...

Where to search for problem?
I have no idea why it's not  working today and one day before it was working fine...

PS. I chmod /mod/quiz/ files to 664 permissions with chown user1:apache. So now apache can write to these files, but it's still not working.
Moodledata directory has 770 permissions with chown user1:apache. So it should work fine..
I have no idea what caused this problem...

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marius S

Re: Quiz report to Excel not working Moodle 1.9.12

by Seun Ojedeji -

I am also currently having this problem....anybody have a fix? running moodle 1.9.16+

In reply to Seun Ojedeji

Re: Quiz report to Excel not working Moodle 1.9.12

by Seun Ojedeji -

Hello ,

Please does anyone have a fix to this, i still cannot export to excel on a particular quiz. However, i can export for other quiz within the same course.

Thanks

In reply to Seun Ojedeji

Re: Quiz report to Excel not working Moodle 1.9.16+

by Seun Ojedeji -

Hello People,

I really need to get a fix for this, i have applied permission 777 to moodle in www and also to my moodledata all with no success. I still get a 0kb when i tried to export the quiz result. Can anyone help with this, is there any other way i could export quiz result in excel?

Regards

In reply to Seun Ojedeji

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

Activate debugging (set it to DEVELOPPER level) to see if any error message is displayed.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Seun Ojedeji -

Thanks Jean,

I was about replying, sharing the debuging output and how i finally got it fixed. Yes turning on debugging just shows what the problem is. In my case it had to do with memory limit.

Cheers!