Students choose resources to use

Students choose resources to use

by Carol Dobson -
Number of replies: 2

Is it possible to put a condition on a choice? I would like students to be able to choose which topics they wish to study. I was thinking that if a student selects particular choices (ie topics), these choices will then place them into a group of their own (or with other students who have made the same choice). If resources/activities are set to allow groupings, then theoretically each student could be in their own group, and therefore only have access to these resources. Or is there a module that will do that for me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carol Dobson

Re: Students choose resources to use

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There is a non-standard module  cor Moodle 2.0 called choice group (or group_choice, I can never remembersmile) and it enables students to put themselves into groups which are reflected in the gradebook - maybe this can help you. Alternatively , again for 2.0 , look at the Project Allocation section of the Conditional Activities section of the docs: http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Conditional_activities

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Students choose resources to use

by Carol Dobson -

Thanks Mary. So many options, so little time. BTW loved your address at Moodlemoot in Sydney the other week.