Rookie needs help with course configuration!

Rookie needs help with course configuration!

by Jake McLean-Black -
Number of replies: 3

Brief overview...I run a 3 person family business. We are a real estate school. I am computer literate, but by no means a programmer or developer. I have Moodle installed and am trying to create a course. I have created categories, sub categories, etc. No problem. Now the problem.....I need to create a course where the navigation is paced, the student cannot proceed to fast, and must proceed in order. The course must log the student out after 5 minutes of inactivity. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for how to proceed? I am running Moodle 1.9.6+ Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jake McLean-Black

Re: Rookie needs help with course configuration!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jakesmile Well first of all - basically; if you want your student to proceed in order then there is a standard option in the latest version of Moodl 2.1 which is Conditional Activities that will do it for you - however - as you are still on 1.9.6 you would need to investigate (search for) "Activity Locking" which is a  plug in option that does this for you in earlier versions of Moodle. (Just wondered if there is any chance you might be able to upgrade at all?)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jake McLean-Black -

Figures! I have actually upgraded to 2.0.3, but I cannot upgrade any further at this point. I'll look for the plug in! Hopefully that takes care of it!

In reply to Jake McLean-Black

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are on 2.0.3 then you have Conditional Activities as standard so you don't need any plugin - this should do what you want - good lucksmile