How to structure accounts/databases

How to structure accounts/databases

by Patrick Blaine -
Number of replies: 2
Hi everyone.  We're just about to set up a dedicated server for at least 5 different Moodles.  Originally, we had those five on separate accounts of our university's server.  Our question is about the use of MYSQL.  What efficiency/reliability issues would come up with creating separate accounts and installing separate instances of MYSQL, or installing one instance, and then putting each Moodle platform in a different database.  Any insight/experience would be useful.  
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Blaine

Re: How to structure accounts/databases

by Linda B -
I am interested in this answer too.  Did you find any information?
In reply to Linda B

Re: How to structure accounts/databases

by Patrick Blaine -
Not yet.  No one seems to be biting.  I may try putting it on a more general forum.  If I find anything out, I'll let you know.  One thing to consider, though, is that if you have multiple databases, you have a much less efficient set-up as far as updates, etc. are concerned, but it's more secure.  If one gets hacked or has some sort of problem, this might not happen to the others.  Without hearing from anyone else, this is the direction that I'm leaning in right now.  I'm really new at this, though, so I could be wrong.