New Video Tutorial- How to Install Moodle on Shared Hosting via cPanel (Not Fantastico)

Re: New Video Tutorial- How to Install Moodle on Shared Hosting via cPanel (Not Fantastico)

by Usman Asar -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Pranay,
Don't go for Softaculous installation, it does work quick, but in later stages it does gives load of issues specially with plug-ins and somethings MAY not work, as they have only base versions in their database and not the security updated.
I think it as well have been mentioned somewhere in the video not to use automated installers.
In reply to Usman Asar

Re: New Video Tutorial- How to Install Moodle on Shared Hosting via cPanel (Not Fantastico)

by Pranay Karwa -

I saw that you have recommended not to use script installation for getting Moodle up, but it was urgent for me to get Moodle up and running on my website.

I will debug the database connection errors I am getting on the sideline.  Once sorted, I'll do a fresh install from cPanel.

Shall bug you if I run into deadends! smile

In reply to Usman Asar

by Pranay Karwa -

FINALLY got the manual install to work cleanly!

Following Emma's advice, I just dropped and recreated my Moodle database and voila, everything worked just fine!

I have been playing around with versions ever since, using Usman's approach to upgrade.  Had to stop at 2.8, though (2.9 required InnoDB).

Time to get familiar with the environment now, before I head into plugins and themes!

Thank you both once again, this discussion was really helpful.

In reply to Pranay Karwa

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Glad you were able to get up and running - happy Moodling to you!!