Unable to view all questions

Unable to view all questions

by Curtis Barker -
Number of replies: 5

When creating a quiz, I can only see the first 10 items listed that have been added.  This is 2.1+ install.  I have developer debug set and get no messages.  The script isn't taking that long so I don't think it's timing out.  I don't know about how much memory the new engine might use, but I'd be suprised if it's that much.

I can see an arrow from the 11th item and can move it up so that it becomes the 10th and see it, but ...

I can't rule out that I did something strange in the settings as we just upgraded from 1.9+ back in June.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Curtis Barker

Re: Unable to view all questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Weird. I can't think what would be causing that.

What web browser? Can you try another one? Also, can you try a different theme?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Curtis Barker -

I had already tried logging in as a test student (and on another browser) - still only 10.  In fact, it acts like there are only 10 even though more were added. Old quizzes that have more than 10 still show their full size either in preview or editing.

When I changed themes, I got an error that I think is related

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-27248

by Curtis Barker -

Now, i've created other quizzes within the same course.  What I end up with is that in I.E. I was able to create one quiz with several more (17 I think) items.  This previewed fine.  Took it to FF and ppffttt... could only see 15 (I know, not 10 like before). 

I took it to Opera, and created a quiz.  I couldn't see any items that I added, but when I went to I.E. and previewed it, all were there.  However, in neither I.E. or FF could I see the added items either. 

When I changed back to the unforced theme (from brick), I could see the items in FF and added 20 random.  I did not have a default theme set.  I have set it to standard theme and still can see the items (28) in the edit.

Trying to wrap my head around it and I just can't come up with anything.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The fix_course_sortorder bug is completely unrelated.

The display thing is really weird, expecially since it is so erratic.

The only other thing I can suggest is to do View source on the page, and see if there is anything suspicious around where it cuts off.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Curtis Barker -

I know, but I was grasping. 

I think I solved it.  I upped the memory limit in php.  Seems that with some of the longer questions, random, etc. it was just maxing the allocatable memory.  What I noticed was that when I was having problems, others features on the page weren't loading.