Quiz

Picture of Kim Thurston
Re: Case Sensitivity in GIFT?

I have made the change in the /gift/format.php file.  Then when I go in and check a question, the case sensitivity drop down still says "NO, case is unimportant."  Does this mean it is not working?  Should it be changed to "Yes, case must match."  

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

@Kim: Which version of Moodle are you using?

Picture of Kim Thurston

Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

@Kim, changing $question->usecase = 0; to $question->usecase = 1 in your moodle/question/format/gift/format.php file will only work for new imports of short answer questions in GIFT files, not for questions you imported before you made the change to your moodle/question/format/gift/format.php file.

Joseph

Picture of Kim Thurston

This is how it originally looked in the format.php file when I first opened it //$question->usecase = 0; // Ignore case

After removing the // in front of the "$question", it worked.  I had just over looked that.  So now it looks like this and works!

$question->usecase = 1; // Ignore case

Picture of Joseph Rézeau

approve