Problem with quiz "Grade type"

Problem with quiz "Grade type"

by Atanas Atanasov -
Number of replies: 3

I use moodle 2.0.3 (I’ve tried 2.1 first, but Cloze multianswer questions don't work). The last three days i'm reading forums trying hardly to find out a way to change a quiz "Grade type". The only menu where it's visible is in Courses->Grades. Doesn't mater in which category the quiz is moved, there's no way to change its grade type - it's always inactive and always stacked on "Value". I need a test where all attempts with score less then 60% to be equal to "2.00" (the lowest mark, i.e. "not passed"). After that I need marks 3.00 for 60%-63%, 3.25 for 63%-66% and s.o. I'v manage to do something like this, using Letters, instead of "Real" (where 2.00 is the lowest letter), but i'm not sure if this is the most appropriate way (and the "Grade type" of the quiz is still "value" with no option to change it). I created a new scale (2.00,3.00,3.25,3.50,3.75,4.00,4.25,4.50,4.75,5.00,5.25,5.50,5.75,6.00), but as far as I can't change the Grade type to "scale", I can't use it.

So I really need your help. Please, tell me what I'm missing... how could i change the Grade type of the quiz and what is the best way to create the marking scale i'v described.

Thank you in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Atanas Atanasov

Re: Problem with quiz "Grade type"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can't do that.

What you can do is add a new calculated column that works out the grade you want based on the quiz grade using an appropriate formula.

Then you can hide the original quiz column from everyone except teachers.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Michael Williams -

We have the same issue.

We would like to mark questions in a quiz on a scale or competent or not yet competent.

Why is this not an option to replace the value with scale?

In the VET sector this is a needed option.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael Williams

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think a few people want this, but no-one has every wanted it badly enough to make it happen.